Monday 16 May 2011

Asparagus anyone?

I find today that I am asking myself if, in fact, a person can eat too much bread and butter. It is the staple here and people take home armloads of the stuff from the bakery each morning but I am not sure my body is going to be able to take it for 4 months. Oh, but it is sooooo delicious. The French simply make the best butter.

The same philospohical question can be applied to asparagus. The asparagus man sells his grade one delicacies for between 3 and 5 euros a kilo. Yum, yum, yum though I am having trouble convincing Millie of this fact. I have been searching the web for inspiring asparagus recipes as I seem to have 2kg of aparagus to work with each week.

And shall I start on the cheese? At the market yesterday we bought 2 small goats cheeses,  a pelardon (another goats cheese - see link), a big slab of the most gooey and delicious looking brie and then Millie's all time favourite (not to mention ridiculously expensive) hard goats cheese. All this for 18 euros. However I accidentally left my strawberries on their counter so I guess you have to add that on.

So what's for dinner tonight? A goat's cheese and asparagus frittata of course with some bread on the side. Might be heading to the weight watchers website soon.

More on Pelardon cheese

Millie's having a go at her goat's cheese

Asparagus & goat's cheese frittata, thanks to Jamie O

1 comment:

  1. You shouldnt force Millie (or anybody for that matter) to eat Asparagus!!!!!

    ReplyDelete